We are is seeking a highly motivated and creative Event Manager to join FCBB`s team. In this role, you’ll plan and execute a variety of online and in person events. You will apply a comprehensive, conceptual and practical understanding of the organization to the delivery of events and conferences that help to promote FCBB and its partners.
You’ll be an excellent fit for this role if you have management skills to coordinate you team to maintain consistency in style and tone across events. As well if you are able to build relationships and to centralize event activities, ensuring all events are delivered with consistency and in a timely, effective and cost efficient manner. You’ll also succeed if you have an eye for design, the ability to share constructive feedback with the team, and the ability to work collaboratively with others across teams and departments.
The professional will join a team of dedicated professionals in a non-profit environment, enabling the organization to achieve its goals.
- Responsible for building and sustaining business relationships with FCBB members and partners or finding new partners for events;
- Facilitation of project creation, integration, governance, execution, evaluation and review;
- Leading, developing and managing the events team;
- Brainstorming and implementing event plans and concepts, conducting short- and long-term planning and management of events;
- Managing all pre-event planning, organizing guest speakers and delegate packs. Obtaining permits, negotiating sponsorship deals, venues, and vendors.
- Monitoring the entire event proceedings;
- Developing webinars with the HR and Business Development Team;
- Coordinating with all the departments involved in the organization of the event;
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize deliverables;
- Consistently measure and quantify events results and incorporate learning into future marketing activities.
- Organize team meetings with the events team, and participating in general FCBB meetings and Marketing meetings;
Bachelor’s degree in Hospitality, Communication, Media or related;
2+ years of project and/or event coordination/management
Professional knowledge working with: Zoom, Trello, Instagram and Facebook.
Excellent planning and organization skills.
Demonstrated success managing events that has grown audiences over digital and live channels;
Online marketing expertise, including experience with social media, direct marketing, etc. (an asset);
Strong communication and writing skills in English; Portuguese is considered and asset;
Knowledge of the digital industry;
Good leadership skills, Motivational leader, positive and "can do" attitude;
Expert interpersonal skills, Highly Organized, and Multi-tasker;
Experience working remotely;
Must be living in Toronto or moving to Toronto soon.