- Collaborates to ensure that all legal issues are handled efficiently, while respecting the highly confidential nature of many issues.
- Performs research including using legal databases, collects and reviews information and makes recommendations.
- Develop and maintain a catalogue on the various areas where Legal support services are requested, with an ability to generate and present formal reports and informal updates
- Monitors the flow of legal information and responds to the needs of internal clients
- Prepares various legal agreements and forms required for signature, drafts correspondence, and various other documents.
- Monitors legislation and keeps the legal team counsel abreast of the evolution of pertinent bills.
- Maintains all legal files (electronic and paper copy).
- Performs initial review of documentation provided for legal status of institutions.
Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum 1-2 years’ experience as a law clerk or in corporate administration within a leading law firm, financial institution, securities regulator, public company or other reputable company.
- College Law Clerk Diploma or other relevant education is an asset.
- Ability to work in a highly-organized manner where attention to detail, accuracy and confidentiality are critical.
- Self-motivated and proactive individuals will excel in this role.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to juggle multiple priorities.
- High level of professionalism and an ability to deal effectively with all levels within the organization as well as external contacts.
- Ability to multi-task and work independently is essential.