Data Analyst (Business Inteligence)
- Location: Remote
- Positions available: 01
The Data Analyst will have a blend of data capture, wrangling, modeling, reporting, and analysis duties related to supporting the FCBB team, in the areas of Finance, HR, Business Development, Marketing, and IT, among others.
The Data Analyst is responsible for creating and maintaining data interfaces and reports in a timely and accurate manner per established procedures. The ideal candidate is someone with strong critical thinking, problem-solving, and data visualization skills.
The professional will join a team of dedicated professionals in a non-profit environment, enabling the organization to achieve its goals.
- Build reporting and analytics using relevant data to support any of the FCBB activities while providing recommendations to improve the said process
- Maintain systems and databases, and perform data transformation as required
- Model new schemas and update existing ones
- Ensure stored data is easily accessible to internal and external teams
- Fix corrupted data and review through root cause analysis
- Respond to inquiries and requests for information from staff on time
- Collaborate with leadership and other team members to identify opportunities for process improvements, recommend system modifications, and develop policies for data governance.
- Create appropriate documentation that allows stakeholders to understand the steps of the data analysis process and duplicate or replicate the analysis if necessary.
Skills and Qualifications
- University degree, college diploma, or working towards one in computer science, data analysis, engineering, or related fields;
- Solid Excel skills preferred;
- Ability to organize and create structure within complex systems;
- Working knowledge of:
- SQL and data modeling
- Reports, Dashboards, and Data visualization – make data and visualizations easier to understand;
- Experience with Google Data Studio preferred or similar applications like Power BI, Tableau, Qlikview, or Looker.
- Strong critical thinking and analysis skills;
- Decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- Strong communication and flexibility – Easily adapt to change and evolution in a growing team and willing to take on more responsibility.
- Able to work well independently and in a team environment;
- Proficiency in English (both written and spoken) – Proficiency in Portuguese is considered an asset;