HR Business Partner
- Location: Toronto/Remote
- Positions available: 02
About the role
FCBB is looking for a HR Business Partner to join our team! The HRBP drives FCBB’s mission by working closely with leaders across the businesses to ensure a great place to work for all our volunteers.
Reporting to the Senior HR Business Partner, the HRBP will act as a trusted advisor to leaders and volunteers of our Marketing team by providing consultation and solution on a variety of HR related matters.
The HRBP will provide strong partnership to leaders in building effective teams, developing talent and driving HR practices. The HRBP will provide direct guidance to senior-level professionals and their respective leadership teams on all aspects of workforce management, including talent management, organizational design, performance management, leadership development, volunteer development and engagement.
Additionally, the HRBP will work in close partnership with Talent Acquisition and Learning & Development teams on various initiatives relating to volunteer engagement, talent management, organizational design, etc., to support a team of dedicated professionals in a non-profit environment, enabling FCBB to achieve its goals.
This dynamic role is both hands-on and strategic and provides expertise in the areas of volunteer’s relations.
- Deliver both strategic and tactical HR support to the leaders of the Marketing team regarding performance management, organizational design, learning & development, and policy interpretation.
- Implement FCBB’s people strategy in adherence to FCBB’s policies and programs.
- Advise leaders and volunteers on HR related issues including, but not limited to, performance gaps, development plans, staffing plans, terminations, leave requests, new volunteer onboarding, etc.
- Coach leaders and emerging talent so they can develop, enhance, and improve their leadership style, management effectiveness, and talent management.
- Support management teams and volunteers in ensuring team effectiveness and high performance, improving relationships, building morale, increasing productivity, retention and engagement, and driving consistent performance management.
- Act as a liaison between HR specialists (Talent Acquisition and Learning & Development teams) and the Business Units by leveraging HR capabilities to strengthen business performance.
- Conduct HR Project implementation as needed.
Skills and Qualifications
– Bachelor’s in a HR, psychology or related discipline;
– Minimum 4 years’ experience in a Business Partner role within a complex and dynamic business context characterized by different cultures and management styles;
– Proficiency in English (both written and spoken)
– Proficiency in Portuguese is considered an Asset;
– Strong analytical skills to diagnose organizational issues and provide solutions;
– Planning, organizational and project management skills;
– Knowledge of Google Suite and Microsoft Office
– Strong interpersonal skills – develop solid relationships in order to gain support and achieve results;
– Demonstrated experience in organizational development and change management is a plus;
– Resourceful and self-motivated with ability to work in changing environments;
– Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; ability to assess situations and make decisions based on data while drawing from previous experience;
– Demonstrated experience with coaching management;
– Demonstrated ability to effectively partner and collaborate with all levels of the organization and positively influence teams;
– Proven organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to handle multiple tasks.
– 6 hours weekly to work as a volunteer.
As part of the Recruitment and Selection process, please click here to fill the application form and attach your resume.